Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hanging in there

We went to the perinatologist today and there is no change from last week. Maddox's heart and amount of fluid in his stomach look basically the same as five days ago. This is a huge blessing!! Every day we can hold on is another day for Maddox to grow and develop and be better prepared for the world outside of the womb. We are trying to find joy in small miracles and are counting this as one of them.

Still, the perinatologist, Dr. Thigpen, said that we would be having a c-section very soon, and possibly as soon as Friday, depending on what Dr. Roten, the pediatric cardiologist finds. If Maddox is born Friday, that puts him at almost 30 weeks, 10 weeks early, and combining that with his significant heart defect, puts us far from out of the woods. We are looking at months in the hospital if things go well. Slightly overwhelming.


We want to thank you for your prayers in our behalf. We have felt them and have been strengthened by them. Please don't stop. We know we are far from done with this roller coaster ride. We'll update on Friday when we know more.

7 comments:

  1. Having had 4 preemies, I feel the worry and anticipation. Know that we are here for you and praying for Maddox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. You all are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I have been checking up on you guys borderline obsessively. I am glad to hear the 'good' news and hope that you continue to hear more. We are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys. You are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea! that is some good news!

    of course the prayers will continue! I just love your family...I am inspired by your depth of character and the way it seems you and Jeff have pulled together. you are a blessing to everyone that knows you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have been constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete